There are plenty of strange, unusual and downright bizarre holidays out there and today being “Stupid Guy Thing Day“ is one that is quite befitting to many of us in the hobby. Face it fellas, we all done some stupid things in our time in the hobby stemming from a shortcut turned disastrous or some sort of twisted logic that made sense to us at the time. So now is your time to share with your other Reef Builders readers the stupid things you have done. We’ve decided to make this not only fun but rewarding. Tell us your tale of stupidity and win a roll of Rescue Tape. Let’s face it, working around water makes the simplest mistakes huge and Rescue Tape can be a lifesaver. For all our reefing sisters out there, today you get a reprieve and get to sit back and enjoy all the stupid things the men in the hobby have done but you are more than welcome to share your stories as well and yes, you can win too. Continue reading for full contest rules and to share your tale.
So here are the rules:
- Tell us your tale in the comments below. Have more than one? That’s fine too. We will read them all and pick the best stories, no penalty for sharing more than one.
- Contest is open to anyone in the continental solar system 18+! Yeah, turns out that on some planets its illegal to win a contest if your under 18. Who knew? Ask your parents if you want to be entered.
- Three winners will be chosen by the Reef Builders staff. Each winner gets one roll of Rescue Tape and yes, if you’re that stupid and have more than one great story we deem the best, you can win more than one roll.
- If you are chosen as the winner, you need to respond to our email within 3 days. If you don’t, we will pick someone else. So check your email!
- Entries can be submitted until Sunday, June 27th, 11:59PM CST. Good luck!