GHL’s new Mitras LX 6100 LED pendant was one of the bright spots (no pun intended) of InterZoo 2012 and the company has released the full details and plenty of spectral images along with tentative pricing and a release date. The new Mitras lamp is set to be released on September 1 and will cost between $1,099 and $1,299 depending on import duties and exchange rates. Also if you order the light between now and the end of August, you’ll get a 15% preorder discount.
We already have the GHL Mitras light scattered, covered, and smothered from before and on the floor at InterZoo but we didn’t have the full rundown until now. Instead of rehashing all the details, here is the full Monty straight from the GHL website:
LED pendant lamp Mitras LX 6100
The new LED-lamp from GHL: Light performance, energy efficiency and features are setting benchmarks
Modern technology gives you options you never saw before:
- Light spectrum can be adjusted in a wide range
- Very fine dimming steps through True Dimming Technology (TM by Linear Technology)
- 2,4 GHz radio module integrated
You are looking for a really bright pendant?
Then your choice is made – Mitras!
We were able to even outperform the previously published preliminary performance data!
- With 60 or 66 High-Power-LEDs in 7 respectively 8 colors You can adjust the light spectrum (range approx. 400 nm – 680 nm) and the light power exactly according to your wishes. Give your plants, fishes or corals the light they need!
- The settings can be changed with a PC or over the built-in control unit.
- You can operate the lamps as independent devices or controlled by other GHL lamps or by the aquarium controller ProfiLux.
- With the integrated 2.4 GHz radio unit lamps, ProfiLux and PC can communicate. This enables the lamps to synchronize during special effects (like thunderstorms or clouds).
- 4 quiet fans and an innovative heatsink design ensure a safe operation and a maximum luminous output at a high energy efficiency.
- Save about 50% energy costs compared to conventional illumination technology.
There are 3 color variants available:
- Silver metallic
- Front white, body Silver metallic
Mitras LX 6100 range of use
Mitras LX 6100 has been designed as a pendant lamp for open aquariums.
It must not be used in enclosed aquariums below the canopy.
For enclosed aquariums we recommend our light bars for fluorescents or our new LED light bars (available in Autumn 2012).
- The graphical display gives you an overview about the actual operating conditions. With the background illuminated capacitive keypad You can easily change settings or start special effects, like thunderstorms.
- Mitras can be connected via USB or 2.4 GHz-radio with a PC.
- The PC-software for operating the lamp is available free of charge.
All 8 LED-channels are separately dimmable in approx. 3000 steps each. Besides the variable light spectrum many other functions are possible:
- Sun rise and sun set (“East to West” simulation over several lamps possible)
- Cloud simulation (also “gliding” over several lamps)
- Thunderstorm simulation
- Moon phases
- Rainy days
High Power LED
- 60 (66 with HV-option) high power LEDs generate an excellent light performance.
- We use selected LEDs from Cree and Osram of the newest generation.
- The LEDs are intentionally not operated with the maximum possible current, because this reduces the LED-lifetime and energy efficiency significantly. It is far more efficient to use more LEDs at reduced power.
- You can chose between 2 operation modes: High Output Mode and High Efficiency Mode.
- Active cooling with 4 quiet temperature controlled fans and passive cooling over a huge aluminum heatsink.
- Increases the temperature although cooling is on maximum, possibly caused by a high ambient temperature, the brightness will be reduced slowly and continuously.
- In that way the electronic circuits as well as the LEDs will always be operated under optimal conditions.
- Complete pendant kit includes rope holders, height adjusters and steel ropes
- Efficient power supply with universal AC input (90 V – 264 V), protection class IP 67, with all relevant approvals (e.g. CE, TÜV, UR)
- 6 separately replaceable LED-clusters with optimized color mixing and uniform illumination
- Optional 6 replaceable hyper violet (HV) – LEDs (420 nm)
- Fast 32 Bit ARM-microcontroller
- Special coated high-performance LED-reflectors carry the light also into the depth, no useless divergence losses of the light to the sides.
- For very deep aquariums are our narrow-beam reflectors for a later retrofit optionally available. It is possible to mix standard and narrow-beam reflectors.
Several usage optionsThanks to the integrated controller and wireless module every lamp can be used in different ways.
- As standalone lamp
- As master-lamp – controls one or more other Mitras-lamps
- As slave-lamp – is controlled by a master (other Mitras or ProfiLux)
- To control Mitras through a ProfiLux controller the ProfiLux Wireless Interface is needed (is not included in shipment).
A homogeneous illumination is as important as a high light performance. Our engineers determined the best possible arrangement of the LEDs and design of the reflectors through extensive computer simulations and practice tests. With the goal to achieve an optimized illumination the LEDs have been arranged in 2 x 3 evenly spread clusters and all LEDs in one cluster are placed with a minimal clearance to each other. Additionally the clusters had been brought to the edge of the lamp as near as possible. The results are convincing:
- Ideal mixing of the single LED-colors, the light in the aquarium has no disturbing color spots
- Uniform illumination over a wide area
- Efficient heat dissipation over the heat sink