Our TOS (Terms of Service) has been updated again to reflect the new features of this website.
This terms of service covers: Blogs, Forums, Marketplace, Reviews, Gallery and any other medium used by YOU on Reef builders to communicate with members.
1. POSTING: You agree not to post, transmit or link to any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This includes posting matter of a political or religious nature. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Reef Builders and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Image and video content that contains nudity, sexually graphic material, or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by RB should not be posted on RB. Personal attacks are not allowed on Reef Builders, and as such anyone that is found to be guilty of personal attacks on members, mods or anyone else will be removed from the site following two warning infractions. Posting privileges, online options, and other members areas could be removed indefinitely. Banning could result, in which you are entitled to be reinstated after a period of 30 days, please note this is dependent on RB Staff.
2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Builders exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Builders defines â€œcommercial postâ€ as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as â€œcommercial.â€ Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Builders reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the â€œintentâ€ of the â€œcommercial postâ€ policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.
3. AVATARS, SIGNATURES, TITLES AND PROFILES: All terms and conditions of this User Agreement apply to these areas as well. An avatar may contain a commercial name, graphic, logo or picture but it may not contain a URL or hyperlink. Advertising copy is not allowed to be placed in any of these areas. You may provide your URL with a simple identifier such as â€œMy Storeâ€ or â€œOwner ofâ€ as part of your signature line.
4. CONTROL OF INFORMATION: You acknowledge that Reef Builders does not control the information available on the message boards, chat rooms and other user and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors and they are solely liable for their content. This also includes Reef Builders magazine and reef builders college. Although Reef Builders may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, message boards and other user and member-generated pages on this web site, neither Reef Builders nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors is under any obligation to do so. Reef Builders reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, message boards or on any other user or member-generated pages.
5. NO WARRANTY: The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. They are provided on an â€œas isâ€ basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are imposed by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither Reef Builders nor its affiliates endorse or are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement on the service or the sites.
6. OWNERSHIP OF POSTS: Any communication or material you post or transmit is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant Reef Builders the right to display this material on its web sites. Reef Builders makes no ownership claims to any material you post or transmit and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator, with individual exceptions such as contest entries specifically labeled as such when solicited.
7. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Your use of this web site is at your own risk. Neither Reef Builders, nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of this web site and the information available on this web site or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on this web site. You hereby waive any and all claims against Reef Builders arising out of your use of the services of this web site and the information available thereon. Reef Builders does not review or monitor any web sites linked to the member-generated content of this web site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
8. PRIVACY: We will not offer any information about you to any company. However, you should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, street address, etc.) on a bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
9. JURISDICTION: This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the services of this web site shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas. The owners of Reef Builders Online Community have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason at any given time.
10. By browsing this site you agree to the terms of this agreement.