Tropical Marine Centre (TMC) has added to their V2 compact skimmer line with two new products in the category the compact 300 and compact 500. First up is the V2 Skim 300 compact which is great for aquariums up to 300 liters (66 gallons) with a max flow rate of 720 lph. The V2 Skim 500 compact is designed for aquariums up to 500 liters (110 gallon) while being able to support a 1200 lph flow rate. Keep in mind that is flow rate, not airflow. Both of these skimmers are designed to be used as hang on the back of your aquarium or sump system. The 300 compact starts at around £89.99 ($140) and the 500 compact hits around £116.99 ($182). Hit the read link again for additional marketing verbiage from TMC.
V²Skim 300 Compact: Suitable for aquariums up to 300 litres/66 UK Gal with a flow rate of approx. 720 l/hr
• V²Skim 500 Compact: Suitable for aquariums up to 500 litres/110 UK Gal with a flow rate of approx. 1200 l/hr
• The next generation of high performance protein skimmers offering all the qualities of the award-winning V²Skim range but in a compact, hang-on design!
• Slimline design allows the V²Skim 300/500 Compact to be discreetly and conveniently positioned on the back or side of any aquarium or sump up to 300/500 litres.
• Space-saving integral pump and water intake system ensure minimal visual impact on the aquarium whilst delivering the optimum flow and the perfect mixture of water and micro fine air bubbles.
• High performance, quality protein skimmer incorporating a highly efficient injection system which optimises the perfect mixture of micro fine air bubbles and water and ensures intensive, efficient skimming and removal of proteins and other harmful toxins (waste) from the aquarium.
• Easy to remove collection cup enables quick and effortless maintenance and cleaning.
• User friendly water level adjustment dial allows water level to be finely tuned to ensure optimum foam consistency and highly efficient skimming.
• Ozone compatible (ozone connector included).