The Io BTEX LED is a smaller iteration of the Phobos and Deimos do-it-all LED aquarium light from Pacific Sun. Like the other LED lights names after celestial bodies, the Io features top of the line Cree XP-G and XP-E LEDs running at 1A or 3 watts each. Pacific Sun is quick to point out the efficacy of their LEDs at 140 lumens per watt and the low noise of their temeprature controlled fan with a peak of 17 decibels. Sometimes the fan shuts off when the light is powered low enough to not require active cooling. The Io will be able to hang like a pendant or it could rest on the tank with Pacific Sun’s adjustable brackets. PS is currently running a pre-order discount of 12% off for the month of April, until the light starts shipping in May. Follow the break down for a more specific rundown of the Io’s controlling capability.
In this model we used one 80mm fan(17db) with double bearings. His speed is auto controlled by build in temperature sensor – so in some situations they can be turned off – a specially when lamp dont need active cooling(night mode with moonlight, sunrise/sunset period etc).
With our computer you can set:
- setting turn on/off time, dimming time
- total brightness setting – for ex. for coral acclimation
- setting brightness for moonlight
- colour temperature changing – between 14.000K-25.000K
- Set the time sunrise and sunset times from 1minute up to…
- simulating the lunar illumination (28 days full period), Natural Sunlight Simulation, Overcast Days Simulation
- changing brightness during the ligth period – like on nature, where insolation depend of hour. For the whole cycle of lighting, you can define up to 40 individual points of which is set by the brightness of the lamp, This gives the opportunity to simulate the lighting just like in nature:
- Natural Sunlight Simulation – lamp is able to simulate cloudy and sunny days – when using this option, the lamp simulates the effect of temporary cloudiness – as is the nature. For the summer season the days are longer and brighter, for the winter season – shorter and somewhat darker light(in the future the computer will be able to wirelessly control the heating in the tank, so that in summer the temperature in the tank will be higher in the winter – lower)