The CONIC Bio-Reactor from CAD Lights is a thoughtfully designed aquarium devices which is a lot more than just a nozzle in a tube. Like the CPR media reactors, the CONIC Bio-Reactor is endowed with a primary forceful flow to aggressively stir the solid carbon dosing biopellets and a secondary rhythmic motion that helps to ensure thorough turnover.
The use of biopellets in aquariums has lost a lot of momentum as reefers realize that it can be somewhat problematic without the right set up but the CONIC Bio-Reactor has some features that address the issues of using biopellets. In addition to the more deliberate mixing of biopellets the CONIC Bio-Reactor is outfitted with a top-mounted outlet which can easily be plumbed to be directed towards the protein skimmer compartment of your pump, or right into the intake of recirculating protein skimmer designs.
The CAD Lights CONIC Bio-Reactor is rated for aquarium setups from 40 to 150 gallons but we feel this is conservative since many biopellet users are leaning towards using a lot less media per volume, especially for reef tanks with low nutrient loads. The CONIC Bio-Reactor is $175 including all fittings and the built-in pump which helps to keep the footprint to a modest six inches square.
*True All-In-One design, where the pump is already built inside of the Bio reactor in the bottom chamber. this feature saves ALOT more space and ease of use the moment you get it. the intake is in the bottom and the outtake is from the top allows for the most efficient flow of only 1 direction.
* Advanced Conic design, makes our Unique “Rhythmic Tumbling Motion” that moves every pellet evenly and prevents clumping. every pellet churns and moves throughout the entire reactor (from top to bottom).
* Self-priming and designed to be ready to use right out of the box and comes with all the pump, fittings, plumbing, union etc. all comes standard.
*Space saving design and energy efficient. no need for an external pump that will take up more space and wasted pump pressure.
* 100% Cell-Cast acrylic and Hand MADE IN USA.
* Completely disassembles easily for maintenance.
* Compatible with a large variety of Bio-pellets.