The new Nero 3 Submersible Wave Pump was quietly released by Aqua Illumination just in time for the end of the year. The new Nero 3 is about half the size of Nero 5, which is perfect for nano tanks with five different flow modes, including Random, Pulse, Constant, Schedule, and Feed. We first heard about the Nero 3 pump from our team in Australia, with local distributors testing the device earlier this year.
The common complaint about the Nero 5 is the fish guard, which users would claim to kill small fish and inverts from the incredible flow. There is a new fish guard shipping on Nero 3, which seeks to improve on that issue, including the starting price of only $149.
Nero 3 is controlled by the myAI app, which was updated in late August to control the device using Bluetooth LE, which does not use a wifi signal. The five different modes on Nero 3 give hobbyists a wide-ranging selection of choices, including Random, Pulse, Constant, Schedule and Feed, and push out up to 2,000 GPH. At only $149, the device is a great bargain for nano tanks.
Nero 3 Submersible Wave Pump (2000 GPH) – Aqua Illumination (AI)
Everything you love about the Nero 5, but now with a smaller footprint!
- Almost half the size of the Nero 5 — A great fit for nano tanks!
- Compact with a lot of flow; up to 2000 gallons worth
- 5 flow modes:
- Random – simulates high-energy reef environments by randomly changing flow rates throughout the day
- Pulse – undulating high and low flow to mimic wave patterns with an adjustable pulse interval and max flow rate
- Constant – a continuous stream at a chosen intensity
- Schedule – customize the pump`s mode for different parts of the day using the MyAi app
- Feed – easily pause the pump for 10 minutes by holding the driver button for 2-5 seconds
- Easy setup; just connect and go
- Create a schedule to fit your tank`s needs using the myAI app via Bluetooth LE; no internet required
- Magnetic mounting system to easily position your pump
- Broad flow pattern with the ability to direct the the flow in a range of 15 degrees on all sides
- Includes a fish guard to protect any curious or slow-swimming fish from the pump propeller
- Max glass thickness = .5″ or 13mm
- Flow = up to 2000 gph
- Input = 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1A
- Power consumption = Variable, 20 W max
- Nero 3 Pump
- Nero 3 Controller
- Nero 3 Fish Guard
- Magnetic Mounting System
- Power Supply
- User Guide