CoraLazarus is a newish calcium media from Brightwell Aquatics that we have yet to cover. What’s different about this calcium media versus others is that its “high purity” which allows you to use it in a variety of options. CoraLazarus will provide calcium, magnesium, strontium, potassium, and carbonates into your water stream allowing corals to thrive and grow. We’re told that the media size was designed for calcium and media reactors in mind. Available in 1000ml size that goes for around $30 retail and hit stores back in October of last year.
- High-purity natural mineral that may be employed in traditional calcium reactors, or even blended in to pre-existing aquarium substrate, to gradually increase and maintain the calcium concentration and alkalinity in marine aquaria
- Strong source of calcium, the most abundant cation by percent mass in aragonite, the mineral secreted by reef-building organisms to form skeletal material
- Through dissolution, provides calcium, magnesium, strontium, potassium, and carbonates
- Aids in increasing alkalinity to stabilize pH and encourage rapid biogenic aragonite formation
- Optimal average particle size for use in media reactors and calcium reactors
- Free of chloride and sulphate