Skimz of Singapore is at it again with the new Skimz TurboMagnum ST600S commercial protein skimmer powered by a pair of US-built ReeFlo HammerHead Pumps. Unlike the hobbyist skimmers we’ve seen from Skimz, this recirculating beast was designed for professional aquaculturists, commercial farms, large public aquariums and aquatic wholesale outlets. More details on this beast of a skimmer after the break.
The Skimz TurboMagnum is nearly 7 ft. tall using a 600mm (approx. 23.62 in.) wide reaction chamber tubing. Total dimensions of this monster skimmer are 2040 mm tall (approx. 80.31 in.), 1040mm wide (approx. 4.94 in.) and 740 mm (approx. 29.13 in). The TurboMagnum skimmer uses a 63mm inlet and 90mm return pipe.
The Skimz TurboMagnum features:
- 2 x Reeflo HammerHead Pumps (made in the USA)
- Incorporate the Advanced Needlewheel Technology (ANT) enables extremely high air intake
- Integrated Self Washing Head (SWH) for maximum efficiency
- Integrated Freshwater Flushing Systems (FFS) for easy cleaning
- Incorporated bubble plate chamber reduces turbulence in the reaction chamber
- High-precision CNC machined parts
Not sure the final pricing of this skimmer but we’re pretty sure it will set you back a good chunk of change. The images attached for this skimmer are a sneak peek at what is to come. Apparently this skimmer was shown off at the CIPS show in China last month. No word on when this will be available on the market.