The Bubble Magus Hero skimmer is the latest incarnation of protein skimmers from the busy Chinese company. The ink is barely dry on the new Bubble Magus cone skimmers we recently wrote about and here comes another model from the company. We’re not sure exactly why they dubbed this skimmer line the Hero but a few improvements the company is sharing does show some progress. This could be the beginning shift for Bubble Magus possibly helping to move it from the cheap, knock-off reputation it has and more towards a leader in the budget and mid-range skimmer market. Follow the break for more details and images.
Bubble Magus is releasing three different models with the smallest being the Bubble Magus Hero 180, followed by the larger Bubble Magus Hero 220 and topping the chart is the Bubble Magus Hero 320.While there are not a lot of details on the new Bubble Magus Here line of protein skimmers but it appears the Hero skimmers are most likely using the Atman pumps in this latest iteration. With the solid performance numbers on air draw on their recent skimmers, we are pretty sure the company didn’t skimp when it came to the Heros with a likely candidate of the Atman PH3000 for the BM Hero 180 and possibly the Atman PH4000 for the two larger BM Hero 220 and BM Hero 320 models.
Some of the details Bubble Magus is sharing so far are:
- New parabolic body cone design greatly enhances the efficiency up to 10%
- Innovative collection cup shroud enhancing the collection to 5%
- Unique air nozzle, promoting excellent mixing ratio of air and water to achieve dense micro bubble
- Advance collection cup, easy to disassemble
- Improved bubble plate to reduce water turbulence.
- Quick-release design for easy pump access and cleaning
- Ergonomic adjustment knob, sleeker and smoother for fine tuning
No word on when these will begin appearing in the market or where they will fit in as far as pricing.
[via The Prodigal Cube]