The Radion XR30w LED from Ecotech Marine has a whole suite of features to ascribe to this exciting new LED light. The Ecotech Marine Radion XR30 is a 120 watt LED light with five channels of LEDs including both Cree and Osram and it will cost $750 when it becomes available towards the end of October. Some notable features of the Radion XR30 is the wireless functionality to communicate with other lights as well as the Vortech pumps. No image of the actual light was included in the press release but the image of the Radion’s light spectrum was provided.
The Radion XR30 will have the familiar Cree XPE blue and Royal blues, as well as a green channel with each of the these LEDs running at three watts. The Radion XR30 also has Cree XPG whites running at five watts each and the Osram Oslon Hyper Red also runing at three watts. By using red, green and blue LEDs, the Radion XR30 will be capable of being color tuned from 6,000K all the way to 20,000K for fine control of color to meet the PAR needs and color preferences of many different reef aquariums. Full press release of the specs for the Radion XR30w LED after the break, and we can look forward to full unveiling at MACNA next weekend.
September 1, 2011, Bethlehem PA – EcoTech Marine is proud to announce its latest product, the Radion XR30w LED light.
True to EcoTech Marine design standards, the functionality of Radion matches its sleek aesthetic. Created with the most discerning hobbyist in mind, the Radion includes top quality Cree and Osram LEDs and features fully adjustable color and intensity.
“The Radion represents what we believe will be the next step for aquarium lighting: a smarter, easier to use, and more energy efficient alternative to existing lighting products,” said Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. “Our hope is that our customers will enjoy the extensive thought and care put into the design of every feature, function, and the distinctive appearance of the Radion.”
Radion was purpose-built to be upgradeable both through its modular driver and LED cluster design, modular optics, as well as its USB firmware.
“Our goal was to deliver a product with the ability to evolve and get better over time– and not become obsolete,” said Marks. “As technology moves forward, the Radion will be upgraded with new functionality in addition to what it has right out of the box.”
Radion is an innovative addition to the EcoTech Marine line of VorTech pumps and aquarium products. With advanced features packed into an efficient and stylish product, the Radion is an LED that looks every bit as good as it performs.
Radion will be available by the end of October through EcoTech Marine’s network of retail outlets around the country and will debut at the upcoming MACNA trade show in Des Moines, IA on September 9.
Product Specifications *
Radion XR30w dimensions
Length: 11.8 in (30m)
Width: 7 in (18cm)
Thickness: 1.5” (3.9cm)
Power Consumption: ~130watts
• 5-channel control of color and intensity, 6-channel capable
• 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
• 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
• 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
• 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
• 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each
• RGB LED configuration allows infinite color possibilities
• Integrates wirelessly with VorTech pumps and other Radion fixtures
• USB Connectivity
• Computer configurable advanced settings
• Compatible with EcoTech Battery Backup
• 34 Energy-efficient LEDs
• Fully adjustable for intensity and color appeal
• Output engineered for wide dispersion of light
• Minimal color banding through optimized optics
• Modular LED cluster, lens, and driver assemblies
• Fully upgradeable with evolving software and firmware
• Capacitive touch exterior controls
• Revolutionary heat sink design allows the Radion to be sleek
• Switching power supply for 110-220v operation
• EcoSmart™ multi-light wireless functionality
• Easy import and export of saved modes for online sharing
• Extremely quiet fan operation
• Real-time clock