The Tunze Silence PRO is coming to the U.S. shortly bringing along nearly 3,000 GPH of return pump capabilities in an efficient and silent package. The Tunze Silence PRO 1073.110 is rated for 11,000 l/h (about 2,906 GPH), a huge increase in capacity over the previous Tunze Silence return pump that pushed 3,000 l/h.
We’ve been impressed with the quiet operation and energy efficiency of the previous iteration of the Tunze Silence pumps and for a pump this size, the Tunze Silence Pro is listed as using only 125 watts of power. One aspect of the Silence PRO is it is not electronically controllable like other Tunze Silence models but you can control the flow rate using typical ball or gate valves. The energy consumption ranges from 95 to 125 watts overall depending on the counter-pressure on the pump.
The high flow and low energy draw are attributed to Tunze using a modified Tesla disk-type impeller in the Silence PRO. The specs of the new Tunze Silence PRO are:
- Output: 11,000 l/h (2,906 USgal./h)
- Energy consumption: 95 to 125W depending on counter-pressure
- Pumping Head: 4.5 m (177 in. or 14.5′)
- Connection: 1 1/2″ GAS hose in/out
- Voltage / Frequency: 230 V / 50 Hz (115 V / 60 Hz)
- Cable Length: 3 m (118 in.)
- Dimensions (without outlet and suction cups): 242 x 120 x 160 mm (9.5 x 4.7 x 6.3 in.)
Initial pricing information put the Tunze Silence PRO top be similar to current pricing on the Master Electronic Pump (1073.090) that will be replaced in the Tunze catalog with this model. Expect to pay around $360 or so and the pumps should be hitting retailer shelves before the end of the month. Advanced Aquarist