The WXM is the name of the wireless expansion module for the Apex aquarium controller which was first announced by Neptune Systems back in November. Although it was first slated to arrive in Q1 2010, we are just now slipping into Q2 and the WXM has popped up for preorder on the Neptune Systems website for a cool $124.95 plus shipping. The WXM sounds like a wireless accessory for everything but since it uses Ecotech Marine’s RF Module daughterbaord, for now the WXM is only compatible with Vortech drivers that have wireless capability. The pre-order page states the first ship date to be April 12th which means that in less than two weeks you’ll be able to introduce your Apex or Apex Lite controllers to your wireless Vortech pumps. Maybe the two of them can plug and play, change modes throughout the day, invite ten of their closest Vortechs and see where it goes from there. Follow the break to see the WXM’s full profile.
- Wirelessly controls any of Ecotech’s wireless pumps (WWD or EcoSmart).
- 11 Independent channels to support 11 pumps.
- Supports Ecotech’s Constant, Reef Crest, Lagoon Random, Pulse, Sync and Anti-Sync modes.
- Modes of operation can be changed through the day.
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system.
- Pumps can be dynamically added/removed from the system.
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable.
- Fully upgradeable.
WXM firmware and pump firmware can be updated for feature enhancement.
- Led Status indicator and wireless status indicator
- Compatible with Apex and Apex Lite systems