[youtube width=”670″ height=”400″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzz9PImSYvc[/youtube]
Here we have a video of an amazing rare fish collection, neigh, the most amazing rare fish collection. Instead of talking about the singular, uber rarity of any of the fish and what kind of sports car you could buy with their combined value, we though it’d be fun to have the ultimate ID contest for the ultimate rare fish collection. We’ll be giving away two awesome books for the winners of this identification challenge. The main challenge of this competition is to name as many of the fish as possible in the video, as specifically as possible but do not post it in the comments! Any comments posted with the naming of any fish will be removed. The winner of the overall ID challenge will win a spankin new copy of The Reef Aquarium Vol. 3 signed by Julian Sprung, still the thickest and most up-to-date reference for modern reefing available today. The second prize is Angelfishes of the World by Kyoshi Endo, and it is by far the best and most current reference for Pomacanthidae available now. To win this book we’ll be looking for the first person to identify a specific fish, of course we can’t tell you which one but you might know it when you see it. Huge thanks to Blue Harbor for the video and Two Little Fishies for supporting this contest, the full rules of which can be viewed after the break.
There’s a few “Pros” out there who know they should give the general public first crack at this contest, but we still would like to invite Mr. Wandell of the Steinhart Aquarium and Mr. Kohen of LiveAquaria to try their best because identifying all of the fish in the video will be no cake walk.
- You may only enter this specific giveaway once by emailing your identification list to [contest at reefbuilders dot com]. If you decide to enter this contest more then once you will be disqualified. Yeah, we have robots and human slaves that check for fairness.
- Contest is open to anyone in the U.S. of all ages. If you are under 18 years of age you must have parental consent or a parent may enter the contest on their child’s behalf.
- Winner will be chosen from the submissions, one for the most complete ID list and one for the first person to ID a given fish. One winner will receive a signed copy of The Coral Reef Aquarium Volume 3 (max value of $90) and another winner will win a cope of Angelfishes of the World by Kyoshi Endoh with a maximum value of $50.
- If you are chosen as the winner, you need to respond to our email within 3 days. If you don’t, we will pick someone else. So check your email!
- Entries can be submitted until Sunday October 3rd, 11:59PM CST. Good luck!