Coralvue just announced its new LuXcore digital electronic metal halide ballasts featuring variable wattage selection to give you more flexibility in your lighting. Similar to the Galaxy ballast, the new Coralvue LuXcore ballasts allow you to switch between wattage and drive modes. What is particularly interesting is the specific ability to overdrive certain types of lamps, as aquarists have done when pairing HQI ballasts with non-HQI lamps.
With two sizes, the new LuXcore ballast will handle both HQI and overdrive settings. The smaller LC-DIM-250B is a 150 to 250W allowing you to 150W, 175W, 250W, or 250W “Super Lumens” overdrive setting. The larger and more robust LC-DIM-400B is a 250 to 400W ballast that lets you select between 250W, 250W HQI, 400W, or 400W Super Lumens.
Highlighted features include:
- Fast start-up, low heat, silent operation
- More lumens generated per watt
- Runs all mogul & double ended MH lamps
- Wired with female receptacle
- Resettable circuit breaker
- Anodized extruded aluminum body